Sign in to follow this  
iSUCK cs1.6

Classic server maps

Gotchu and I will be putting sometime into updating the classic server once he returns from his vacation. With that being said I wanted to take this time to get some ideas for maps for the classic server.  

My thinking is to have only 6 maps in the rotation at this point in time with a time limit of 10-12 mins a map.

My reasoning for this is 1:   Most everyone can agree on 4 out 6 maps being really fun to play. If a player knows that that there is 4 maps in a rotation that she/he really likes then they are more likely to stick around thru one of the other maps.  

2: Considering the small amount of players that the servers usually see when they are not boosted then 6 maps can be picked that are not too large to be boring for smaller groups to play. 

3: Six maps offers enough maps to sort of let players know what to expect from the server without the server being too redundant with the maps. 

4: 10-12 min rotations because that seems like a decent amount of time to play a map and enjoy it while not dragging it out too long if it is not a map you really like. 

I would love to hear some comments and feed back on these thoughts.  Nothing said above is set in stone by any means.  Just some of my thoughts about it to get the conversation started. Also if you reply please list your ideas for the 6 maps. 

• Like 1

Seems logical. Any ideas on the maps? Are you planning on including dust2 or will it be left out due to the dust2 24/7 server?

I agree  with you @iSUCK. Many of all those maps , although good, were not successful in CS.
My suggestion of maps is as follows:

1 :  de_dust
2 :  cs_italy
3 :  de_inferno
4 :  de_aztec
5 :  cs_assault

6 :    de_nuke

extra
7 :  de_westwood
8 :  cs_office

I played a few times in Classic and some players complained that they did not have any more money to buy the weapons. For being the classic mode I thought correct but ... many players left the server for this reason. So my suggestion is to start the round with $ 16,000 .

I hope these changes can attract more players because I'm having nightmares from so much playing Dust2 !!! 

Edited by Godlike
  • Like 1

Dust 2 would not be included in a map list.  

And I have been thinking about start money as well.  To me it’s a problem to give start money and have items like the auto sniper rifle unrestricted.

I always thought that having to earn money is what helped control items like that from being over used.  Since it is a classic server I would still like to see all the items available for game play.  

So do we restrict items and have start money. Or no start money and leave the items available?  I was going to ask everyone about their thoughts on this later anyway. I was hoping to get the maps figured out first tho.  I like only tackling one problem at a time.  

One step at a time ! That's what we say here, Brazil !

Well ... Starting with or without money for me is indifferent but ... auto-sniper ??????

I choose to  restrict items and have start money .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iSUCK cs1.6 said:

Dust 2 would not be included in a map list.  

And I have been thinking about start money as well.  To me it’s a problem to give start money and have items like the auto sniper rifle unrestricted.

I always thought that having to earn money is what helped control items like that from being over used.  Since it is a classic server I would still like to see all the items available for game play.  

So do we restrict items and have start money. Or no start money and leave the items available?  I was going to ask everyone about their thoughts on this later anyway. I was hoping to get the maps figured out first tho.  I like only tackling one problem at a time.  

I totally understand your thinking behind keeping it completely vanilla. The problem with that is that CS is losing a lot of players and (majority of the) players just want to hop in and have fun. Having to work for that fun usually turns quite a few of them away. I played in a few classic servers and one of them used to start at 800$ but then changed to 16k because of the fact that their regulars said that they didn't want to wait and earn money but just wanted to mess around without all the plugins in a non-classic server.
So imo, 16k with no restrictions would be pretty good! 

Regarding the maps, please keep nuke! It's a really fun map when you know all the ins and outs.

@Godlike, the whole point of a classic server is to have no restrictions whatsoever with a few exceptions. So restricting auto sniper pretty much makes it just another pub with different maps. If it really is a hindrance, limit them per team?

Thanks for taking the initiative!

• Like 2