Gotchu

Request > Deathmatch server changes

1. When a player kills a target, the ammunition is refreshed.

- This concept applies same logic as CSGO's FFA (Free for all) deathmatch, when a target has been killed, the player is rewarded with new ammunitions and not have to be caught off guard by a next target.

2. More bots.

- More targets, always better. If players join, the bots can easily be removed. If player leaves, bots can fill up the spot. Purpose of DM is suppose to be action packed, and not having to run around looking for targets.

3. Remove spawn protections.

- Moment you spawn, you should be vulnerable. ESPECIALLY if we're gonna add more bots, we should do this. Lot of people, even bots, take this as advantage. They sit there, you dont know when their spawns gonna come off (cuz it depends on when the player/bot decides to move). Its just completely stupid. When you respawn, you should be able to read the scenario, pick a target quick and help you learn these decision makings.

4. Map clean ups:

- Please remove maps like italy and dust4. Its absolutely stupid. Italy has one of the most camping spots with dead ends, and boxes to hide around. Bots get stuck ALL the time. After I kill a handful of bots, I no longer see them for 2 minutes running around the map only to find 5 of them bunched up in 1 small alley or stacked up behind boxes.

- Dust4 is stupid because the map is SO huge, and has unnecessarily amount of alternate paths, with boxes and walls sticking out, bots peek out, then back in, then runs away.. you gotta chase them.. Map is so big you're wasting your time half the time running around.

- We should keep open maps or maps with layouts, like dust2 or inferno or iceworld. Maps designed in cube style with no more than 4~6 lines (https://puu.sh/x8m5w/6bb91e9d88.png).

- Even maps like assault is bad because you gotta run between inside and outside to clear the wave of bots, sometimes they're stuck or camping in 1 spot of the map (vent mostly).

- Dust2 has barely any hiding spots, even bots can kill each other, allowing them to be spawned in a spread out formation. Iceworld is just 1 small sandbox, great for spray practice but not really good for long ranges. Inferno is actually a decent map, not as great as dust2 with all the boxes and apt, but its still fairly well designed layout. Nuke is a garbage map with multiple layers of floors, vents, perfect for bots to get stuck and again, you gotta chase them around. Please consider these when adding new maps. 

And now we discuss :)

• Like 2

@AnnaLee @Wrath

• Like 2

it all depends on @AnnaLee tbh

Ive read your suggestions @Gotchu it is very much appreciated, I will take a few hours to come up with a decent answer

for now I can tell you that concerning ammo refresh I do think its a good idea so ill check to tweak those settintgs so that when we will kill 1 bot you have a mag refill and after 3 bots killed you g et a HE back

3 hours ago, Charlatan78 said:

maps are fine.  Gotchu is a troll.  What's wrong with italy and dust 4?  If any map shoud go would be the ones without bots.  Ex: fy)_rio

I mentioned what's wrong with them. Bots get stuck and they're clustered in one area. I dont want to walk around 2 minutes looking for bots after clearing a whole wave of them.

Edited by Gotchu
  • Like 1

I agree with all these suggestions. Need to have more bots and less crappy maps. Ammo thing is 'meh' to me but i can get down with that too.

I know that bots, in some maps gets stuck (in nuke's  basement for example) but even in dust2 its the same thing... (bots will always go for objectives)

Ive said before that for adding maps I will always be willing  to do so. altought when it comes to removing some, I feel that removing some choices for people to arrange others is not the good way.  I personally think Italy is a fun map when the battle is for the hostage cabin or in the city market. Remember guys that there is "nomination" funtion so you can make the server change to whatever map you want.

So for now Im not removing any maps from server (i will modify a little the choices that comes up for votes) and I will add ammo refresh as soon as a I find the plugin settings

I tested fy_snow with bots wityh my friend yesterday and to my big suprise it is playable since both team respawn on their side

25 minutes ago, Charlatan78 said:

Oh, right!  Use radio commands to move bots out of the holes!  Z, need backup!

But they're enemy bots T__T

34 minutes ago, AnnaLee said:

I know that bots, in some maps gets stuck (in nuke's  basement for example) but even in dust2 its the same thing... (bots will always go for objectives)

Ive said before that for adding maps I will always be willing  to do so. altought when it comes to removing some, I feel that removing some choices for people to arrange others is not the good way.  I personally think Italy is a fun map when the battle is for the hostage cabin or in the city market. Remember guys that there is "nomination" funtion so you can make the server change to whatever map you want.

So for now Im not removing any maps from server (i will modify a little the choices that comes up for votes) and I will add ammo refresh as soon as a I find the plugin settings

I tested fy_snow with bots wityh my friend yesterday and to my big suprise it is playable since both team respawn on their side

Understandable for the map removal. For the ammo, thank you :)

Edited by Gotchu