.jen

for your consideration

Nade pickup seems to be fixed - as a sidenote nade spamming from CT spawn would be a nice restriction. I can point you guys to a server where if a CT tries to buy 2nd nade he get kicked 50 'feet' forward outside of CT spawn and loose 1hp(I like that solution).

What jen was talking about is crouch/duck/silent walking

• Like 2

thanks for all your comments!!! now lets close the loop!

#1 is done fixed and implemented, both nades and flashes are working great

#2 like cellar said, this is bugged and continues to be the case and has been for some time now. i have been waiting 4 rounds to buy an awp for over 100 rounds now. this needs to be resolved by server developers. whatever awp rule (1 per 5 players per team per round) is decided to be used, needs to be actually working also asking people to type or bind '/awp' needs to change to allow people to just buy the weapon and just limiting the number of people buying in total. also, have a team message say 'max awp players reached on team'.

#3 i agree with you guys that changing top players back and forth might be too much and that overall people will do the right thing, so im dropping this suggestion

#4 the consensus i am getting is to move towards implementation.  if yes, lets do it

comments?

jen

3 hours ago, Cellar Door said:

Nade pickup seems to be fixed - as a sidenote nade spamming from CT spawn would be a nice restriction. I can point you guys to a server where if a CT tries to buy 2nd nade he get kicked 50 'feet' forward outside of CT spawn and loose 1hp(I like that solution).

^ agree with this, but not 50 feet or 1 hp, but rather immediate slay. get the strict message across the first time.

On 7/5/2017 at 10:06 PM, .jen said:

1. change to allow pick up of grenades and flashes from the ground by alive players; adds another strategic component to the game

2. change to allow 'x' # of awpers on losing team and 'x minus y' # of awpers on winning team; to generate a more balanced and fun server

3. change to switch top player from winning team to losing team; program a logic of the 'absolute value of team win differences = x' and then 'switch top y from winning team to losing team'; to generate a more balanced and fun server; adds enjoyment to the game knowing that you are not stuck on an inferior team for the rest of the map; this is not a competitive match or server, it's supposed to be fun for all

4. rule addition to disallow 'russian walking'; the default game was never meant to be played that way; to generate a more normal play and fun server

...comments?

jen

1 - always liked that

2 - havent noticed that many awps on 1 team

3 - dont see an issue with it

4- no opinon

tooo much algebra jen

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cellar Door said:

This would be awesome. Nice idea @Cellar Door

I think it's safe to say we can move forward with any adjustments we need to make. @Arash @Wrath

• Like 1

9 hours ago, corsi said:

1 - always liked that

2 - havent noticed that many awps on 1 team

3 - dont see an issue with it

4- no opinon

tooo much algebra jen

Too much advertising in your sig buddy

13 hours ago, .jen said:

#4 the consensus i am getting is to move towards implementation.  if yes, lets do it

There is rly nothing to implement. If ppl are gstrafing and gaining crazy speed, admins are supposed to warn/kick/ban already.

If you see this is not happening, then please report the players.

But if you are talking about normal crouching walk, I don't see anything wrong with it. I do it with my 15$ mouse and normal 100 fps.

i am talking about both (gaining speed/silence/crouch silent walk, etc.) and yes there is something to implement here. there is no mention of these specific rules in the forum rules or server rules (only thing that comes even close to a rule is "no cheating allowed. this includes scripts" which is too vague and doesn't cover this scenario. you can also read the forum rules here:

its not a matter of whether you are capable of doing it or not, its a matter of should it be allowed in the first place. this type of motion allows a player to run at full speed (if not faster at times) while producing little to no noise and also alters the player model hitbox. how does that make any sense. why should players gain the advantage of speed, silence and/or modifying how you get hit. if you run, you should run at a normal pace and make noise and if you were meant to get hit in the torso then you should not be getting hit in the foot.

In terms of implementation, I thought you are talking about some kind of plugins. 

If you are talking about crouching, then I am 100% against this. If I can avoid your bullet on my torso by moving my mouse and pressing a couple of buttons, then I will definitely do and should be allowed to do. It will be your job to predict my movement and aim differently to hit the torso, not the foot. To be honest, I have never heard such a logic in years of playing cs

I again refer you to my first post. By your logic, spamming walls, boosting players on boxes, bhopping etc. should be banned too.

The example I can think of is fast cat boost for CTs, probably when game was developed, a CT was not meant to reach short A/Cat  walk that quick. Are we supposed to ban this too? 

Another example, shooting doors before entering to make sure no one is camping behind. This also probably wasn't developers' intention.

Another example, throwing flash above the walls, that sounds a bug/unintentional movement too

And the list goes on and on

Edited by Arash

silent walk/ crouching ? really .. i dont think there is anything wrong those crouching/russian walk or whatever , unless and until if anyone is gaining advantage over other player as mentioned earlier like gstrafing /hyperscroll, definately that shouldn't be tolerated.

crouching is something which is totally fair , its job of other opponent to predict his movement and hit the target , i am totally against this idea .

as arash mentioned then boosting player on boxes and spamming on walls should also be banned, which is senseless....that logic is really useless..