MrKawaiiKun

Overbudget for Gaming PC Build From $1250 to $1000

I'm buying the parts I need for a brand new PC this summer. I'm a little over budget, could I get some recommendations on parts to cut down?

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't need the 1070 but it's your call. I'd recommend a 970 or a 1060 6gb. And Instead of  AMD RyZen you can buy a i6 or a i7 gen CPU. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also, I have a ASUS VG248QE monitor (144hz 1ms response time) I believe it's better than the Acer Gn246HL. I highly recommend it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, FriedPotato said:

You don't need the 1070 but it's your call. I'd recommend a 970 or a 1060 6gb. And Instead of  AMD RyZen you can buy a i6 or a i7 gen CPU. 

As for the Ryzen, I've heard the price/performance for the 5 1600 is fine, so I may make the swap saving 80$. The 1060 6GB is an option, but my preferable replacement might be the RX 580. As for the Intel CPU, I don't consider it an option.

15 hours ago, FriedPotato said:

And also, I have a ASUS VG248QE monitor (144hz 1ms response time) I believe it's better than the Acer Gn246HL. I highly recommend it.

Will double check it, I'm not very experienced with monitors, I just want 1080p 144hz 1ms.

 

Updated Build: Still includes the Gn246HL due to a $70 price hike. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4gbn4C

Edited by MrKawaiiKun
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrKawaiiKun said:

As for the Ryzen, I've heard the price/performance for the 5 1600 is fine, so I may make the swap saving 80$. The 1060 6GB is an option, but my preferable replacement might be the RX 580. As for the Intel CPU, I don't consider it an option.

Will double check it, I'm not very experienced with monitors, I just want 1080p 144hz 1ms.

 

Updated Build: Still includes the Gn246HL due to a $70 price hike. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4gbn4C

Fair enough. But as far reviews go, the BenQ and ASUS takes the cake. And there's a lot of criticizing about the GN246HL. The ASUSVG248QE is adjustable, which is super cool in my opinion, especially in my case cause I don't have  a lot of room. However, It's subjective. And also, I've heard that the GN246HL has ghosting/dead pixel when it's shipped. But it depends, are you buying a Refurbished one or new one?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FriedPotato said:

Fair enough. But as far reviews go, the BenQ and ASUS takes the cake. And there's a lot of criticizing about the GN246HL. The ASUSVG248QE is adjustable, which is super cool in my opinion, especially in my case cause I don't have  a lot of room. However, It's subjective. And also, I've heard that the GN246HL has ghosting/dead pixel when it's shipped. But it depends, are you buying a Refurbished one or new one?

 
 

I was buying a new one, but I might go with the BenQ just because my brother recently recommended it before I mentioned a monitor, which really says something for its reputation. Anyway, it will depend on my budget, I'll try to find one on sale by the time I get paid. Thanks for the help.

Does everything else in the new build look fine? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZbRpYr

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, MrKawaiiKun said:

I was buying a new one, but I might go with the BenQ just because my brother recently recommended it before I mentioned a monitor, which really says something for its reputation. Anyway, it will depend on my budget, I'll try to find one on sale by the time I get paid. Thanks for the help.

Does everything else in the new build look fine? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZbRpYr

It's 1012$, so yeah. However, the BenQ is well over 250+. The cheapest one is the Zowie 24" XL2411. So, it'll go over 1.1k.. I bought the asus because it was cheaper (In my case cause I live in Canada.)

Edited by FriedPotato
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

About us

Renegade Army was established back in January 2011 and started off as a Counter Strike 1.6 community. The community has been expanding since then and has evolved from being a community solely focused on Counter Strike 1.6 to now being a Counter Strike: Global Offensive community as well.
Read more: click here

Mega Footer Links

Follow us on Social Media

Contact Staff