I have noticed the "boost server" ( /boost ) come up while playing in the main CS 1.6 server. Does anyone have any info/explanation to how this works? Not just the how you do it, that would be nice too, but actually how it works. I am guessing it is the reason for seeing the great number of players over the last week. If so then I really like it.  The sever has been a lot of fun this week to play on and I hope it continues.  

• Like 2

It is a service provided by GameTracker. GameTracker has a website that provides you with list of server for bunch of games, usually people prefer to use gametracker to find server instead of the in-game server finder because it is easier to find a specific type of server thanks to the filter it has and other features.

How does it work? (Copied from the website itself http://www.gametracker.rs/sms_boost/)

*By boosting your server, you are distinguishing it from the crowd and showing it to our visitors on home page.

*When you boost server, its pushed to the top of the boost list, and its there until other boosted servers "push it" out.

*Your server gets added to KGB Master server, and gets massive amount of players, something like very strong redirect.

• Like 3

Thx I too was wondering how exactly it was working @Ozys

Ok. So now I understand how boosting the server works. Can someone please describe how to boost it?  I type /boost then a list of countries cmes up. Since I do not see USA I picked 7 for pay pal. Then the game tracker screen comes up. If I click or try to do anything on that screen it kicks me back out to windows. Am I doing something wrong or is there somewhere else to go to find out more about how to boost a server?

45 minutes ago, iSUCK cs1.6 said:

Ok. So now I understand how boosting the server works. Can someone please describe how to boost it?  I type /boost then a list of countries cmes up. Since I do not see USA I picked 7 for pay pal. Then the game tracker screen comes up. If I click or try to do anything on that screen it kicks me back out to windows. Am I doing something wrong or is there somewhere else to go to find out more about how to boost a server?

Sms boost does not work in the US. You have to go to the website and do paypal boost. 1h boost is around 1.32$ depending the exchange rate

http://www.gametracker.rs/sms_boost/

It will ask for the ip of serever you want to boost

Edited by Arash
  • Like 1

I would recommend going to the website if you experience problems with the /boost command.

In addition to what Arash said, there is also the option of donating directly to RA and telling us which server you want boosted.  Our donation system is disabled at the moment, but will return in the near future.

Just for the record, I tested cs-boost.com, because I could have sworn I used a different boost server before, but... GG RIP. Scam. Don't use it.

58e4dc7f8a72f_ss(2017-04-05at07_57.53).png.b02071b7a417ec17779c76a208ddf8a4.png58e4dc87d3131_ss(2017-04-05at07_58.29).png.b14ada061fa42dfdf47ff8091b521a34.png

Edited by Plato
  • Like 1

Definitely use only Gametracker for any boosting.  

CS-boost.com doesn't work yet it will still accept payment.  The last time I tried CS-boost I had to get Paypal involved.  Eventually they refunded me.

• Like 1

LOL @Honeybunny