HUMPTY

<::: GG Suggestion :::>

13 posts in this topic

Hello amigos,

After reviewing the 27 maps in our GunGame server, I have the following suggestion: Remove big maps and add small maps.

We know the GG server has only a few players for a few hours. Additionally, for moments the GG server is completely empty and this could be detrimental if we want to increase its traffic and retain the current players. We all will benefit from an increase in traffic in our servers. I think this same concept should be applied to the Zombie server as well. Not much in DM beacuse we have bots and you are always shooting there.

In my experience players leave when the map is big and and only a few people are playing. Players leave when they spend more time trying to find people than actually shooting them. For this reason, I believe we should focus on small and fun maps for now. Once the traffic increases, then we could add bigger maps once again. This is just a suggestion and it may or may not work but it's worth giving a shot. 

Maps to be removed for now:

fy_new_pool_day2 , gg_aim_mahitto , gg_anthology , gg_era , gg_generic , gg_mink , gg_night_storm , gg_scoutzknivez2 .

Repeated maps (we have at least two of the same):

gg_fy_aztec_fire

Map Additions:

fy_snow_orange , fy_out , fy_dust , fy_iceworld , fy_iceworld2k

Humpty

Edited by HUMPTY
3 people like this

Most of the maps you mention actually have been removed from the rotation already.  I agree that smaller/mid-sized maps is the ideal way to go.  We do like to keep some bigger maps loaded on the server for times when we do have a large population, 16+ human players or whatever.  The thing is, these bigger maps can still come up if the server is empty and the maps cycle through long enough.  Using "rock the vote" plugin would probably be the best solution so anyone who stumbles into an empty server on a bigger map can switch it out.

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll take these under consideration and see about adding some of them.  Some of the maps might be a bit redundant with ones we already have, but personally I like fy_snow_orange and fy_dust and think they'd be solid additions.

Would love to hear some more opinions on these maps and possibly other ideas @klaathax @Plato @Arash @bukOjuice @Meatwad @FATE ONE

2 people like this

14 hours ago, HUMPTY said:

Hello amigos,

After reviewing the 27 maps in our GunGame server, I have the following suggestion: Remove big maps and add small maps.

We know the GG server has only a few players for a few hours. Additionally, for moments the GG server is completely empty and this could be detrimental if we want to increase its traffic and retain the current players. We all will benefit from an increase in traffic in our servers. I think this same concept should be applied to the Zombie server as well. Not much in DM beacuse we have bots and you are always shooting there.

In my experience players leave when the map is big and and only a few people are playing. Players leave when they spend more time trying to find people than actually shooting them. For this reason, I believe we should focus on small and fun maps for now. Once the traffic increases, then we could add bigger maps once again. This is just a suggestion and it may or may not work but it's worth giving a shot. 

Maps to be removed for now:

fy_new_pool_day2 , gg_aim_mahitto , gg_anthology , gg_era , gg_generic , gg_mink , gg_night_storm , gg_scoutzknivez2 .

Repeated maps (we have at least two of the same):

gg_fy_aztec_fire

Map Additions:

fy_snow_orange , fy_out , fy_dust , fy_iceworld , fy_iceworld2k

Humpty

I shouldn't be here but That's right my friend! 

Ah, nice Thread xD I personally am not active enough to give any input. I will try to within the next week to spend some time in the Gun Game Serverl. As of right now, I say the vote is with the people xD If Humpty is active and tested 27 Maps, plus his input about the traffic and everything, he has valid points. That's what we need to do is support the people from the Server who come to Forums and give suggestions :) Hopefully his helps.

I will play the Server within the week though and provide further feedback, but again for now, vote is with the people and you guys are more active than I am. You're a good Server Manager @Honeybunny you know what's best bae <3

Edited by Plato
1 person likes this

I don't have access to the game and server but I agree, few maps are too big most of the time. But once we boost, then small maps become too crowded and laggy. Best way to go is using some plugins like what HB mentioned

Edited by Arash
1 person likes this

fy_dust has been added to the server @HUMPTY

1 person likes this

Did we lose gg_aim_mahitto and  gg_night_storm ?

Mahitto was a decent map for the when the server was boosted, miss having it in the rotation. and Night Storm IMO was a solid map all around, sad to see it out of the rotation

EDIT: Also GG_Generic I really liked that map!

Edited by FATE ONE
1 person likes this

Yeah, I like them too but people asked me to remove them and it looked like the server was choking on mahitto and era maps especially.  I'm always welcome to map suggestions, though.

1 person likes this

This is totally minor but I noticed that the server still thinks we have some of the maps that we removed. I think its an automatic feature, its the thing at the bottom that says at the start of the round "map change will occur to gg_mahitto in 44:32 mins". It has no effect on the map change and as far as I can tell doesn't interfere with the RTV. Just an extremely trivial server error.

In addition: I've been meaning to post this for awhile. Is there anyway we can get custom player skins for the admins? I've seen it on other servers before. Not necessary but I think it would be fun!

Edited by FATE ONE
2 people like this