Sign in to follow this  
Plato

RIP Rob/destroid

Wasn't entirely sure where to put this, was thinking Admin Section but wanted a good place where it won't just get pushed to the background and have it  public to show our respects.

Anyways, this is my recent chat log, I haven't seen destroid online Steam in like a year, so he was on I was like :o he was good. He paid for Admin, a regular in the main 1 server, lived in Chicago, low ping, and he knew how to wreck. He was a run and gun type guy but always got wicked kills. Down to earth guy, I think my age, 29.

September-02-16
Plato: damn dude where you been
Plato: cant believe youre online lol
Plato: Anyways hope you're good man, been a while.
Plato: rob rob
destroid: Hi there, this is Rob's girlfriend. I'm really sorry to give you this news, but Rob passed away in an accident 2 months ago.
Plato: What :o
Plato: :(
Plato: Omg, so sorry. Mind if I ask what happened?
destroid: he fell from a balcony at a music festival
Plato: Omg
destroid: he died a very happy person though. He was having the time of his life that day. It was just a very unfortunate accident :-(

So, RIP Rob. You were an awesome guy to shoot the shit with about all sorts of stuff.

Edited by Plato
  • Like 2

I think i have played with him before but i can't remember which server it was.. Although i got shocked after hearing this.

I hate the feeling that when the person you knew dies and you just heard about it (very) late.

But it's better that we knew what happened at least @Plato may he rest in peace. 

• Like 2

It's always a massive shame to hear things like this about people you know in one way or another. 

He was very commited to our servers when he was around which him paying for lifelong admin proves. He was a great admin and more importantly a nice person to have in the community. He was always very friendly and respectful no matter the circumstances. A very nice guy all around and we - as a community - are lucky to have had him as a part of the rA family. 

Wow, what a shame.  29 is way too young.  But it sounds like he lived a good, happy life while he was here, which is the best any of us can hope for.  

R.I.P.

Oh god thats so terrible. Even tho I have never met him, but knowing the way he died makes me so sad. I cant imagine how scary it is to know that your death is gonna come really soon when he fell. I hope what his girlfriend said is true, that he died a very happy person. Rest In Peace Rob