type of system: 32bits

windows 7 ultimate

counter strike is very slow in openGL

- - - Updated - - -

software mode is crap

- - - Updated - - -

I want to play in openGL

What's your Graphic card?

also did you check the "low quality video" in video settings?

I would recommend using windows 7 professional not ultimate to start with xD

And like wrath asked about low video settings, also, clearly vsync off?

I play in OpenGL so I get the maximum resolution and good fps, not sure why you're having troubles. Check your desktop advanced video settings, make sure you set things to performance mode, or application preferences if the video settings is trying to over run your game settings, that could cause problems too.

Also, I do this everytime i re-install..

Control panel, system, system advanced settings, uhmm, adjust for best performance... It makes it look more like xp, solid task bar and stuff, but it helps.

I used to have 256mb and the max I was able to reach was around 100fps, like Plato said, check your graphic card settings and set it to best performance.

how much fps are you getting tho?

Check your video driver for an update?

Change your video settings to Performance, disable A/A, change it to Bilinear, Vsync off, in CS too... I don't know what else o.O.

The difference between Professional and Ultimate, Ultimate has more drivers, that's all.

Maybe try doing a format on your computer.

How much disk space do you have available? I know my hard drive is failing, and if I put too much on, it lags out and even formats itself if I put too much on.

Just a thought. Your specs are good, you never seem to have troubles before? Why all of a sudden? Did you change anything? Too much on your hard-drive? Could be numerous things.