Sign in to follow this  
RIS`

[Review] Electronic Super Joy

I wanted to start reviewing all the games I play and share it with others, I'd like your inputs on how to improve the reviews I write and such. Thanks!

-

Electronic Super Joy is a brutally hard platformer set in a world of pulse-pounding electronic music. Run, jump, smash & fly your way through 45+ weird & different levels, with low-gravity, world rotation, giant monsters & swarming missiles. (http://www.electronicsuperjoy.com/)

A masocore Indie Platformer. It's quite challenging, pretty fun and the soundtrack is mesmerizing. Electronic Super Joy is pretty similar to Super Meat Boy in terms of game mechanics but has a pretty unique art style with a retro-ish feeling. Everything put into this simple gem of a game complement the other and creates a wonderful, spastic and rage inducing experience.http://store.steampowered.com/app/244870/

Priced at 7.99$, with the experience I had with this game, It's absolutely worth the price. There is something that I noticed was that, if the game had, would have been a better experience, the controls are pretty restricted. Only 3 commands in total and you can't do anything to "effect/change" those. As in, have a pre-run to jump a larger distance etc.

I'd rate it 9/10.

ss_6c46efbe1664f89160472592134eea3624a7f44f.1920x1080.jpg?t=1417822723

Edited by RIS`

TBH, it is incredibly fun and has a kick ass sound track, but it's not very replayable. I'd recommend that you pick it up on sale if you want a fun, and very challenging platforming game. It goes like 90% on sale. There's also a standalone called groove city, a much shorter addon that doesn't really add much besides more levels. I'd love to see some custom stage support, but from such a niche game, hardly seems worth it.