Gotchu

Bullets Skipping Lag [Fix]

17 posts in this topic

I remember crossfix asking me about this, and I KNEW the answer.. but forgot about it since its been forever.

Googled it, cuz it bothered me so much.. answer hitting but not really. Couldnt find any solved answers.

Playing dota, it hit me. Tempdecal file on cstrike folder, right click > properties > tick ON "Read only".

Your M4 / AK when you spray will not skip bullets. Its just animation that glitches. You wont hear the gun, but you see your gun jerk. Bullet still regs, just visually annoying. This will fix it though.

Oh fuck, lmao, forgot to write down why I posted this. Apparently its hard to google the issue, I couldnt find any when I was looking into it. AND its a very common issue, very easy to fix. So for future scenario, where I know I'll forget again, Im posting it here. High 5 future self~ :D

Edited by Gotchu

Hey, this is a fix for the random bullet-skip-lag that happens to steam players.

CREDITS TO Gotchu/DanN

----

Open this folder location.

1cfa905faf.png

Replace Hard Disk E with wherever you have installed your Steam, rest all are the same.

After you open the cstrike folder, look for the file named "tempdecal.wad"

32e771839d.png

Right click on the file, click properties and check "Read Only" and apply and save.

b5f8ce7d05.png

c5bb47b995.png

99fcce111f.png

Your M4 / AK when you spray will not skip bullets. Its just animation that glitches. You wont hear the gun, but you see your gun jerk. Bullet still regs, just visually annoying. This will fix it though.

--

Hope you don't mind Dan, just remade it with all the pictures so it's easier for some people <3

cl_cmdrate 30; cl_updaterate 30

Don't know which rate [MENTION=5299]Toxyn[/MENTION] is talking about though. You can do this via the console.