Sign in to follow this  
Tommy_the_Cat

Rates Guide

11 posts in this topic

There are a million rates guides all over hell. Also you just generalized the settings which is terrible because it's not optimal for everyone playing the game.

cl_cmdrate at 105 is for those who only have 100 constant fps. Cmdrate is usually +5 above your usual fps (Eg. 60fps, cl_cmdrate 65).

rate 100000

cl_cmdrate 105

cl_updaterate 100

ex_interp 0

I found this guide very helpful for a basic understanding of how to get the best rates in cs 1.6 http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=126383209

*Note that there has been an update to allow a maximum rate of 100000.

It all varies on server as well.

Too high rate wont help you anywhere.

I've been playing 25000/101/101. Cant blame on rates for me not regging / missing.

The thing is, doesnt matter what number you put in. It will maximize its limit at whatever the server will let it to.

If you read the article, he says it himself. Some server actually allows 25k rates. He's is wrong.

As well as CS 20k rate being correct.

Sv_ cmds are only if YOU create server, which wont be the cases.

the reason why we put "101", even for fps_max, is to put it over the limit. For instance, instead of 100%, you would put 101%.

ex_interp 0 doesnt exist either. It will be forced to lowest possible. Which will be 0.011

Edited by Gotchu

ex_interp 0 doesnt exist either. It will be forced to lowest possible. Which will be 0.011

It does exist in that it is a thing you can enter, it just auto sets it to 1/cl_updaterate. So 1/101=0.009 ( actually it's 0.009900990099 for forever and ever but the game rounds it down for you) or 1/64=0.015. Anything above 0 and below 0.1 will set it to that many milliseconds.

It's the same in GO as well, except GO offers cl_interp_ratio. Set to 2 by default, it changes the automatic calculation to cl_interp_raio/cl_updaterate. So 2/64=0.031, the default interpolation amount in GO. You'll probably want to keep it at that unless you move to a decent server too. Volvo's MM servers aren't decent FYI.

Edited by H.F.S.

No, I meant the actual solid fixed number of ex_interp being 0, solid.

I did mention above that it will just adjust to its lowest number, which most cases, will be 0.011.

Point was, having ex_interp set to 0, as a solid number, is not possible.

No, I meant the actual solid fixed number of ex_interp being 0, solid.

I did mention above that it will just adjust to its lowest number, which most cases, will be 0.011.

Point was, having ex_interp set to 0, as a solid number, is not possible.

Oh in that case turning off interpolation all together would technically do that. In that 0 is no interpolation.

This guide was made as a beginners guide. If you click the link, you'll see that it will tell you to set cmdrate 5 above your FPS. Most people are getting 100 fps (use net_graph 1). It also says if you are seeing yellow/orange dots in your net graph, to decrease your cl_updaterate by increments of 10 (if you type ex_interp 0 it will automatically set it to 1/updaterate) until they start to go away.