The server machine is down due to maintenance. The company we use to host our machines are moving things from the current location to a new one which is why it is down. I do not know when it will be back up - all I know is that they have informed me that they are having some issues (not necessarily with our machine but in general) which is causing the entire thing to take longer than expected.

Renegade Army • Forums Messages

Example Message

My example message. This is an example message.

Sign in to follow this  
EarzS

Learn How to surf in cs (Beginers)

28 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, this post is for people that are new in the surf mode, when you dont even

know what to do and all the time finish going to the jail and get killed, with this post

(Beginer Level) you will atleast know what to do for not fall so fast.

=========================================================================================================

First of all somethings that you should know before we start

1) I have 2 years experience of surf mod, so i know somethings about it, not gonna say

that i'm pro, but i will teach you what i know about basic surf skills.

2) The map where you can train depends of you, i recommend surf_ski2 cuz is the most used

map in the surf mode, has a Normal-surf-level ranking for users, and with all the things

that it have (teleport platform, air boosters, etc) you will learn a litle more faster

about how play.

3) This post is a step-by-step tutorial, it means that you need to practice that step,

once you complete it, you can get the next one and at that rate, you will understand

faster.

=========================================================================================================

Surf mod:

Basic things that you need to know:

- Surf mod was based on the ramps that are in some deathrun maps, one guy ask himself, what if they have a group of that ramps and you can fly in the air?, then he created the first map in surf (i didnt find it), it was a success, and that map inspired alot of people to make their own surf maps, until now the best map know is surf_ski2, surf_ninja, surf_machine and surf_iceday_final.

- If you don't have the map download it in this link: http://maps.cs-bg.info/maps/cs/475/

and add it in "maps" that is in your "cstrike" folder (if you're no-steam C:\Program and

files\Valve\cstrike\maps), then copy-paste the .bsp map inside it.

- The settings that you need to put in map console are:

sv_stepsize 250 (Will allow you to go out of the jail)

sv_airaccelerate 100 (MINIMAL) (IF YOU'RE A BEGINER I RECOMEND "sv_airaccelerate 9999")

mp_startmoney 16000 (with that setting you will buy weapons in the mario room you will see

it more in the next post)

- In surf mod you ONLY uses the A and the D on the keyboard, and if you want to go to

someplace you need to move the mouse.

Tutorial

1) Don't fall: Basic thing, When you're first time in surf mod you get frustrated, cuz you always falls, you just don't know what to do!, you press the W to try to move but you just fall and get yourself dead in the jail, well that is the first problem.

ON SURF MODE YOU DON'T USE THE W BUTTON ON THE KEYBOARD, ONLY THE "A" AND THE "D" INSTEAD.

You need to hold the A or D depending of what side of the ramp.

(You need to hold* the A or D button, not keep pressing it was a mistake, sadly cant edit the image)

primerarampa.jpg

At that way you will survive the first ramp without fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Move with your mouse: Now that you know that you have to use the A and D key, you need to learn how can you move.

On surf mode, if you want to take a curve or get speed, all depends about the place where you're looking.

If you wan't to take a curve to the left or the right side you need to do two actions.

2.1) Get some speed and fly in the air: by looking a down litle bit in the first ramp, you can get some speed, then brutally look left or right (depending of the place that you want to go) combining it by looking up, and you will go up and fly like a bird.

(Remember, don't forget to keep holding the A or D with the objective of not fall just as i said the first step).

2.2) Take a curve: Here goes the new part, once you're in the air, if you're want to go in the left side:

HOLD THE "A" BUTTON AND LOOK TO THE LEFT SIDE WITH YOUR MOUSE.

And if you want to go to the right side:

HOLD THE "D" BUTTON AND LOOK TO THE RIGHT SIDE WITH YOUR MOUSE.

It's complicated at first times, but once you get the try like 11 times, you will gain control about it.

curvew.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) Landing on another ramp: It's getting more complicated, cuz now you will learn how land in another ramp once you're in the air.

First thing that you need to know, the speed is important if you want to go to another ramp, if you don't get enought speed, you will end up falling in the midle of the air, remember:

TO GET SOME SPEED TRY TO GO DOWN A LITLE, ONCE YOU GET A LITLE BIT MORE OF SPEED LOOK UP AND GET BACK TO YOUR INITIAL LOOKING POSITION.

impulsetu.jpg

Now about the landing, is like in the beggining of the round, when you jump into the first ramp, you land inside it looking straight, well, you have to do the same thing by lading in one ramp from another.

Once you're in the middle of the air, move to the place where is the ramp, and with a clear curve, get inside it as you do in the first ramp, looking straight.

DON'T FORGET THAT AT THE MOMENT YOU TOUCH THE RAMP, YOU'RE NOT IN THE AIR ANYMORE, YOU'RE ON THE RAMP, AND AT THAT MOMENT YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOU HOLD IN THE RAMP WITHOUT FALL , LIKE IN THE FIRST STEP:

IF THE RAMP IS ON THE RIGHT SIDE, KEEP HOLDING A AND LOOK STRAIGHT.

IF THE RAMP IS ON THE LEFT SIDE, KEEP HOLDING D AND LOOK STRAIGHT.

lineadevisionderecha.jpg

lineadevisionizquierda.jpg

You don't need to look at that exact green point when you're landing, the only objective is to look the ramp

That's it.. Basic skills that you need in surf, with this skills, you will get in the 50% of the map, of course that there's somethings missing, but in the next turorial (Intermedium), i will teach it, and of course, the final tutorial (Pro) that will show the hardest tricks in surf mod.

If you think that i missed something about basic things that are needed in the surf, please tell me, and i will edit it with no problems.

Also if you want, upload a video or score images showing ur skills, let's see how good you are kickass; .

Thank you for read this post

See you next time :dance :dance :dance

This actually makes more sence than what people tell me

"When you get to a ramp strafe into it"

Or

"Dont use W"

This makes it seem alot easier

I know xD, the first time when i played on surf mod i got banned permanent.. just cuz i didnt knew how to surf!

surfing is not hard, only that you have to do is practice, and of course, learn about what you can and can't do on it

Karma this bitch if he made all of this tut by himself. Hit me up if anybody wants to spec me surfing. It might hell u guys as well :)

This is just what I need. I'll test it out and ask you more questions if I ever get stuck.

I suck at surfing.

Thank you if you like this post, and yes! i made this tut all by myself :D, i will go in another time to the surf sv, i want to see you surfing also, 3 months i don't play in a good surf sv c:

This is just what I need. I'll test it out and ask you more questions if I ever get stuck.

I suck at surfing.

haha don't worry, feel free to ask me everything you need, like i said before, surfing is not hard, u only need to learn the things that you can and can't do (Y)

feel free to ask me everything you need

What is my purpose in life?

Is there really God or any religion?

What is after death like?

How does Lasse actually look like?

I still don't believe a guide is the way to learn how to surf.

I learned how to surf by myself, trying to found the best techniques and skill takes a lot of time, in this guide i teach the skills i found, and it's basic guide so, the people once they complete with this post, will make their own surf styles.