Sign in to follow this  
Tyger

Guide to run CS 1.6 Borderless!

Among many other players in the PC gaming community I have 2 monitors. This is a lovely feature and allows for multitasking. Most new games come with a borderless option in their settings, but since CS 1.6 is older it only has the windowed option. By not having a borderless option you are forced to minimize your CS if you play in fullscreen, or have part of your screen not full of CS in windowed. This is just a quick guide on how you can run CS 1.6 borderless so that it does not minimize when you click on your second monitor.

Step 1:

Find out your monitor resolution that you plan to play CS on. Ex: Mine is 1920x1080y

Step 2:

Set your CS 1.6 to that resolution on WINDOWED mode. This will look ugly for a bit but once we are done it will appear to be full screen, even when it is windowed.

Step 3:

Download this program that allows you to execute code called autohotkey (Easier than making .exe files for me at least)

http://l.autohotkey.net/AutoHotkey_L_Install.exe

Step 3:

Download this autohotkey file that I made or make your own using the script I provide.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?7136ccsjosyo0a4

Do it yourself: http://pastebin.com/1bSXxLxS

Step 4:

Once you have the autohotkey file just double click it and it will execute and run in the background, making your CS look fullscreen even though you are running in a window (aka, borderless).

I can add pictures if requested but it's pretty simple to follow. Leave post if anyone has and questions/suggestions!

I'm not sure what I'm getting but, do you mean using 2 monitors, one monitor has normal windows (desktop, internet, folders..etc) and the second one has a fullscreen counterstrike?

or only one monitor that has the game and windows running?

I'm not sure what I'm getting but, do you mean using 2 monitors, one monitor has normal windows (desktop, internet, folders..etc) and the second one has a fullscreen counterstrike?

yea

yea

yea

tumblr_l1wsx1R94S1qzmowao1_500.jpg

dude, isn't the answer supposed to be either

monitors, one monitor has normal windows (desktop, internet, folders..etc) and the second one has a fullscreen counterstrike

or

only one monitor that has the game and windows running

????

yea

tumblr_l1wsx1R94S1qzmowao1_500.jpg

dude, isn't the answer supposed to be either

monitors, one monitor has normal windows (desktop, internet, folders..etc) and the second one has a fullscreen counterstrike

or

only one monitor that has the game and windows running

????

If you don't run dual monitors already then this guide is irreverent to you.

CS will run FULLSCREEN in one monitor. Windows is ACTIVE ON BOTH MONITORS

If you don't run dual monitors already then this guide is irreverent to you.

CS will run FULLSCREEN in one monitor. Windows is ACTIVE ON BOTH MONITORS