Gotchu

CS 1.6 UPDATE (Feb 14, 2013)

78 posts in this topic

For STEAM users ONLY.

_____

Consider following this to recover / secure your config files.

Config fix: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11188

Its an old post, Ive been telling people to do it... Those who's had read-only ticked and had this guide followed are practically safe (forever), and will not lose your binds / cmds / settings.

_____

[ File Loss -CAUTIOUS- ]

__

Note, your default cstrike location (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\counter-strike\cstrike\) has moved to new destination: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike.

If you had multiple accounts registered on your computer, like me for example... who has 3 accounts (1 - Prime / 2 - ESEA / 3 - MovieMaking), this will be a major loss.

All the contents in your CSTRIKE folder (models, sprites, custom configs, sounds, gfx, huds, sounds.... etc) are ALL merged into one folder.

For example:

1st Account (Prime) has default 1.5 models

3rd Account (Movie Making) has high poly 1.5 models

These will be merged into same folder and which ever you log in most recent, will be kept.

So.. before you start logging into all your steam accounts, start backing them up beforehand (lucky me).

[ FPS (Frame Per Second) Issue, Mouse Movement & Lag Issue ]

__

I remember mentioning in an old topic, exceeding FPS to a certain degree (150~200), will make your game movement slower. This is considered illegal and should be avoided in matches or leagues. In some server, they will ban you for having this setting on. Its cheap, like using script for bhop. This was capable of doing with developer "1". But now, even with developer being 0, you're able to exceed average FPS rate.

To stable your FPS, use gl_vsync "0". This will allow your FPS to be controlled by whatever your fps_max setting is set to.

Basically, an in-game graphic settings to disable default vertical sync within the game.

Those who already custom config'd their graphic card setting to disable Vertical Sync to Force OFF, globally (Or by default have it off), would not affected by this, but you're still in required to do this now that the game has its setting built in.

For some users, disabling vertical sync will rather increase ping and make your game lag. This may work the other way around also. I cant give you a guarantee settings to fix this issue. Best is to try both gl_vsync 0 and 1.

UNTICK everything.

Video_zpsdec93653.jpg

[ Adding Models / Sprites / Sounds / Maps ]

__

If you locate yourself to your new Half-Life folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\), you will notice you now have more than 1 cstrike folder.

Your DEFAULT "Cstrike" folder is where all the .cfg files, screenshots, demos go to.

Your Cstrike_downloads is where maps and other misc files gets loaded onto.

Your Cstrike_hd is where your models / gfx gets placed.

There are still lot of unsure things, because the update's been so recent, we need to give time for people to discover more problems / solutions.

[ Things still being considered ]

__

[sOLVED] -When Launching Counter-Strike, game automatically connects you to a server (which ends up failing). IP may vary but mine connects to: 74.201.57.26:27015

[sOLVED] -AMX missing. People like me who had their own offline server, with "addon" folder in your cstrike, it is currently N/A. Solution being found.

[sOLVED] -HUD missing. Custom appearance, HUD files still not being applied. Solution being found.

[sOLVED] -Gl_vsync 0 = fps fix - Is completely retarded, because fps can now bypass 200 without developer being 1. No idea if they're (Steam) gonna let this be or fix it.

[sOLVED] -How to install sprite files.

[sOLVED] -Voice receiving issue (output seems fine).

[sOLVED] -Viewing demo glitch

--Changes Feb 14, 2013 9:38PM--

[ For your in-game voice fix: ]

__

-Follow the Config guide have a secured config file that cannot be alternated by anyone else but you. And once you've done that, add these into it:

bind "key" "+voicerecord" (replace key to w/e you desire)

sv_voiceenable "1"

sv_voicecodec "voice_speex"

sv_voicequality "5"

voice_enable "1"

voice_scale "1"

MP3FadeTime "2.0"

MP3Volume "1"

volume "1"

Restart JUST Counter Strike.

Go make your own server, type "voice_loopback 1" in console and try speaking into a mic. You should be able to hear yourself.

Do "voice_loopback 0" to stop the loop back.

--Changes Feb 15, 2013 12:45AM--

[ "Considerations" Solved ]

__

[sOLVED] -When Launching Counter-Strike, game automatically connects you to a server (which ends up failing). IP may vary but mine connects to: 74.201.57.26:27015

Go to "autoexec.cfg" and delete "Connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx".

[sOLVED] -AMX missing. People like me who had their own offline server, with "addon" folder in your cstrike, it is currently N/A. Solution being found.Upgrade your amx to 1.8.2.

Link: http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php

With new update, amx is only compatible with 1.8.2 and up. Be sure to install both core and package.

Double check your addon folder with plugins and mod folder.

Careful not to overwrite / lose your .ini files.

[sOLVED] -Gl_vsync 0 = fps fix - Is completely retarded, because fps can now bypass 200 without developer being 1. No idea if they're (Steam) gonna let this be or fix it.[/i]

People keep messaging me they lag and their mouse movement is fucked. Gl_vsync is practically forcing vertical sync to be ON. So try both 0 and 1 to the setting.

Vertical sync in any FPS effects your mouse movement and some computers, with or without it will lag (depends, some lags with it, some lags without it).

Add "-nofbo" to your set launch option too. (command line option has been added to let you disable using the new method for rendering)

--Changes Feb 15, 2013 7:25PM--

__

After following the original commands I have provided, this should fix it. If you do not hear people talk in server, its because you're in a non-steam server. According to Hatch (Not gonna release much details here), Nonsteam servers are still glitchy to everyone. If you were to join a STEAM server and test out mic with your friends, you'll be able to hear each other. Also, Nonsteam users will no longer be able to hear steam users unless there's a new patch for it.

Note: Nonsteam server still being glitchy means, though there are 2 steam users talking, they may not be able to hear each other, while few other steam users may. Its random. But in conclusion, as far as we know, its the server side, not the client side.

Also, in your set launch option, try adding "-nomsaa"

If you had custom .spr files and multiple accounts.. this would become a huge issue. With new update, looks like CS placed all their default .spr files onto your sprite folder as well.. This makes it difficult for us to differentiate whats custom and whats default. Not to mention if you had multiple accounts, all the folders merged... All you have to do is go through one by one and sort it out. No files are missing, they're just MORE files.. makes it look complex. I highly suggest you download Sprite Explore if you're ever in a messed up situation where you dont know where your specific sprite is.

Let you disable MSAA effects being applied to the games output, setting (Disables auto adjust volume in-game [New built in feature]).

**Note that this doesnt fix the sound issue 100% but it does work sometimes.**

[sOLVED] -HUD missing. Custom appearance, HUD files still not being applied. Solution being found.

Again, same as the statement above. Sprite files are now expanded. You'll find yourself multiple .spr of 640hud1, 2, 3... etc. All hud of something. 640hud7 is the file for default HUD appearance. Rest are guns and side HUDs.

--Changes Feb 22, 2013 7:19AM--

[ CS Final Fix ]

__

Ladies, I started to notice this new CS update has not been installed properly on most of your computer.

I've already witnessed couple people where their cstrike wasn't located in their ...\common\half-life\ folder.

For this reason, please back all your custom skins / sounds ... etc others and uninstall CS through steam.

Make sure you delete the "Counter-Strike" folder inside your username folder AND delete the half-life folder located in ...\common\.

Once you've deleted CS completely off your computer, reinstall it and this time, it will install properly. DO NOT place back your files yet..

1. Go to set launch option (google it if you dont know) and add these in without the quotes "-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -nomsaa -nofbo"

2. Download this file and put it in your new cstrike folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\half-life\cstrike\)

If you already have userconfig make sure these are added in.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kqi5zl5io1dpt9i

3. Launch CS, go to option and set everything (Video tab especially, untick everything). Make sure you're using OpenGL too.

4. Go in game and test if sound is working.

Once everything is fixed, then you may fix rest of the stuff and place your files back in.

Remember, your skin folders now go into cstrike_hd folder.

_____

For STEAM users ONLY.

_____

Consider following this to recover / secure your config files.

Config fix: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=11188

Its an old post, Ive been telling people to do it... Those who's had read-only ticked and had this guide followed are practically safe (forever), and will not lose your binds / cmds / settings.

_____

[ File Loss -CAUTIOUS- ]

__

Note, your default cstrike location (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\counter-strike\cstrike\) has moved to new destination: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike.

If you had multiple accounts registered on your computer, like me for example... who has 3 accounts (1 - Prime / 2 - ESEA / 3 - MovieMaking), this will be a major loss.

All the contents in your CSTRIKE folder (models, sprites, custom configs, sounds, gfx, huds, sounds.... etc) are ALL merged into one folder.

For example:

1st Account (Prime) has default 1.5 models

3rd Account (Movie Making) has high poly 1.5 models

These will be merged into same folder and which ever you log in most recent, will be kept.

So.. before you start logging into all your steam accounts, start backing them up beforehand (lucky me).

[ FPS (Frame Per Second) Issue, Mouse Movement & Lag Issue ]

__

I remember mentioning in an old topic, exceeding FPS to a certain degree (150~200), will make your game movement slower. This is considered illegal and should be avoided in matches or leagues. In some server, they will ban you for having this setting on. Its cheap, like using script for bhop. This was capable of doing with developer "1". But now, even with developer being 0, you're able to exceed average FPS rate.

To stable your FPS, use gl_vsync "0". This will allow your FPS to be controlled by whatever your fps_max setting is set to.

Basically, an in-game graphic settings to disable default vertical sync within the game.

Those who already custom config'd their graphic card setting to disable Vertical Sync to Force OFF, globally (Or by default have it off), would not affected by this, but you're still in required to do this now that the game has its setting built in.

For some users, disabling vertical sync will rather increase ping and make your game lag. This may work the other way around also. I cant give you a guarantee settings to fix this issue. Best is to try both gl_vsync 0 and 1.

UNTICK everything.

Video_zpsdec93653.jpg

[ Adding Models / Sprites / Sounds / Maps ]

__

If you locate yourself to your new Half-Life folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\), you will notice you now have more than 1 cstrike folder.

Your DEFAULT "Cstrike" folder is where all the .cfg files, screenshots, demos go to.

Your Cstrike_downloads is where maps and other misc files gets loaded onto.

Your Cstrike_hd is where your models / gfx gets placed.

There are still lot of unsure things, because the update's been so recent, we need to give time for people to discover more problems / solutions.

[ Things still being considered ]

__

[sOLVED] -AMX missing. People like me who had their own offline server, with "addon" folder in your cstrike, it is currently N/A. Solution being found.

[sOLVED] -Gl_vsync 0 = fps fix - Is completely retarded, because fps can now bypass 200 without developer being 1. No idea if they're (Steam) gonna let this be or fix it.

[sOLVED] -Viewing demo glitch

--Changes Feb 14, 2013 9:38PM--

[ For your in-game voice fix: ]

__

-Follow the Config guide have a secured config file that cannot be alternated by anyone else but you. And once you've done that, add these into it:

bind "key" "+voicerecord" (replace key to w/e you desire)

sv_voiceenable "1"

sv_voicecodec "voice_speex"

sv_voicequality "5"

voice_enable "1"

voice_scale "1"

MP3FadeTime "2.0"

MP3Volume "1"

volume "1"

Restart JUST Counter Strike.

Go make your own server, type "voice_loopback 1" in console and try speaking into a mic. You should be able to hear yourself.

Do "voice_loopback 0" to stop the loop back.

--Changes Feb 15, 2013 12:45AM--

__

Go to "autoexec.cfg" and delete "Connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx".

[sOLVED] -AMX missing. People like me who had their own offline server, with "addon" folder in your cstrike, it is currently N/A. Solution being found.Upgrade your amx to 1.8.2.

Link: http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php

With new update, amx is only compatible with 1.8.2 and up. Be sure to install both core and package.

Double check your addon folder with plugins and mod folder.

Careful not to overwrite / lose your .ini files.

[sOLVED] -Gl_vsync 0 = fps fix - Is completely retarded, because fps can now bypass 200 without developer being 1. No idea if they're (Steam) gonna let this be or fix it.[/i]

People keep messaging me they lag and their mouse movement is fucked. Gl_vsync is practically forcing vertical sync to be ON. So try both 0 and 1 to the setting.

Vertical sync in any FPS effects your mouse movement and some computers, with or without it will lag (depends, some lags with it, some lags without it).

Add "-nofbo" to your set launch option too. (command line option has been added to let you disable using the new method for rendering)

--Changes Feb 15, 2013 7:25PM--

__

After following the original commands I have provided, this should fix it. If you do not hear people talk in server, its because you're in a non-steam server. According to Hatch (Not gonna release much details here), Nonsteam servers are still glitchy to everyone. If you were to join a STEAM server and test out mic with your friends, you'll be able to hear each other. Also, Nonsteam users will no longer be able to hear steam users unless there's a new patch for it.

Note: Nonsteam server still being glitchy means, though there are 2 steam users talking, they may not be able to hear each other, while few other steam users may. Its random. But in conclusion, as far as we know, its the server side, not the client side.

Also, in your set launch option, try adding "-nomsaa"

If you had custom .spr files and multiple accounts.. this would become a huge issue. With new update, looks like CS placed all their default .spr files onto your sprite folder as well.. This makes it difficult for us to differentiate whats custom and whats default. Not to mention if you had multiple accounts, all the folders merged... All you have to do is go through one by one and sort it out. No files are missing, they're just MORE files.. makes it look complex. I highly suggest you download Sprite Explore if you're ever in a messed up situation where you dont know where your specific sprite is.

Let you disable MSAA effects being applied to the games output, setting (Disables auto adjust volume in-game [New built in feature]).

**Note that this doesnt fix the sound issue 100% but it does work sometimes.**

Again, same as the statement above. Sprite files are now expanded. You'll find yourself multiple .spr of 640hud1, 2, 3... etc. All hud of something. 640hud7 is the file for default HUD appearance. Rest are guns and side HUDs.

--Changes Feb 22, 2013 7:19AM--

[ CS Final Fix ]

__

Ladies, I started to notice this new CS update has not been installed properly on most of your computer.

I've already witnessed couple people where their cstrike wasn't located in their ...\common\half-life\ folder.

For this reason, please back all your custom skins / sounds ... etc others and uninstall CS through steam.

Make sure you delete the "Counter-Strike" folder inside your username folder AND delete the half-life folder located in ...\common\.

Once you've deleted CS completely off your computer, reinstall it and this time, it will install properly. DO NOT place back your files yet..

1. Go to set launch option (google it if you dont know) and add these in without the quotes "-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -nomsaa -nofbo"

2. Download this file and put it in your new cstrike folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\half-life\cstrike\)

If you already have userconfig make sure these are added in.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kqi5zl5io1dpt9i

3. Launch CS, go to option and set everything (Video tab especially, untick everything). Make sure you're using OpenGL too.

4. Go in game and test if sound is working.

Once everything is fixed, then you may fix rest of the stuff and place your files back in.

Remember, your skin folders now go into cstrike_hd folder.

_____